TMLT’s Privacy and Security Toolkit now available
September 5th, 2013
by Cathy Bryant
Feeling overwhelmed by federal and state medical privacy regulations?
The TMLT Product Development and Consulting Services (PDCS) has developed a Privacy and Security Toolkit to educate physicians about new federal and state medical privacy and security laws. The toolkit is designed to minimize the impact of these laws on physicians.
The Privacy and Security Toolkit consists of three components; the Comparison Tool, the Introduction to Developing Physician Office Training, and a Guide to Getting Started.
Providers can select the toolkit appropriate for their practice size; either solo and small practices (one to six practitioners or one location) or medium to large practices (more than six practitioners or more than one location).
TMLT staff is also available to assist physicians with other practice-based concerns, such as:
- practice reviews to improve medical record documentation and identify patient safety issues;
- CME programs in live, online, video, or home-study formats;
- privacy and security risk analysis;
- EMR utilization, policy and procedure review;
- risk management publications and resources;
- risk management phone consultations;
- purchasing coverage for cyber liability, disciplinary proceedings, and employment practices liability insurance.
For more information, please contact stephanie-downing@tmlt or call 800-580-8658, ext. 4884.