Why I love my physician
February 3rd, 2014
by Tonya Stene
In today’s changing and challenging medical environment, it is even more important for physicians to build trust and maintain positive relationships with patients. By listening, engaging, discussing, clarifying, and directing, physicians can create atmospheres where patients feel cared for and are comfortable sharing their concerns.
The top seven reasons I love my physician:
- I am greeted promptly and courteously by the receptionist and front office staff. The staff is helpful when I have questions regarding my bill or insurance coverage.
- The waiting area is clean. The décor is inviting and the furnishings are comfortable, conveying a feeling of professionalism and warmth. Water and magazines are available to make the wait time more pleasant.
- All of the nurse practitioners, certified nursing assistants, and lab personnel are skilled in their area of expertise and perform their duties with a caring attitude.
- My doctor greets me and makes me feel welcome. He spends as much time as necessary listening to my concerns and answering my questions. He talks with me, not at me. I never feel like just a number walking through the door.
- My doctor clarifies instructions and resources. He also offers helpful suggestions and comfort measures.
- My doctor is knowledgeable in his field and admits that he doesn’t always have the answers. He is a good resource for directing me to the appropriate specialists or services as needed.
- My doctor is also available online and responds to my questions and concerns in a timely manner. Any test results are also available online for my reference.
Based on the above reasons and outstanding care that I receive from my physician and his entire staff, I look forward to being a life-long patient.